How do I create a Pareto Visual?
1. Prepare the data.
Open the Prep Tool.
Select the Fields that you want included in the Visualization.
For this example, we selected Education, Date Of Membership, Date of Purchase, and Age.
Create your Filter by clicking on the Filter(s) tab.
For this example we will use a filter of Age is Less Than 50.
Click the Run icon to apply the selection(s) to the Table.
Click the Save icon.
- Name - enter a name for the New View.
- Description - enter a description of what is included in the New View (optional).
- Set as Default - select if you want to make this view the default view when you open the table.
- Share To - select None or Limit. The Limit option will open a list of User Groups that you can choose to share the New View with.
- Click Save.
For our example, we named the New View: "Education and Membership Under 50."
2. Create a Visualization.
Click on the Visualize Tool.
- X-Axis goes along the bottom of the chart (or up the side if using a bar chart).
- Y-Axis/Series is what the chart shows.
- Breakdown(s) is what field the chart will break the data down by.
View - we selected "Education and Membership Under 50" (that we saved a few steps earlier).
Type - we selected Pareto.
Make your selections:
Metric(s) - we selected Education. This will create the Pareto chart to show the levels of education of the records that are Less than Age 50.
Advanced Setting(s) - Set at what percent you wish to combine categories (if any). This is defaulted to 95 percent but can be adjust to any percent between 1 and 100.
Click the Run icon to apply the selected changes.
We can see an example of a Pareto Visualization.
Click the Save icon when you are finished.
Enter a Name, Description (optional), and select any Share options wanted for the New Visual. Click Save when completed.