How do I create a Global Map Visual?
1. Prepare the data.
Open the Prep Tool.
Select the Fields that you want included in the Visualization.
For this example, we selected a few Fields.
Click the Run icon to apply the selection(s) to the Table.
We manually entered some data for each of the Fields, for this example.
Click the Save icon.
- Name - enter a name for the New View.
- Description - enter a description of what is included in the New View (optional).
- Set as Default - select Yes or No.
- Share To - select None or Limit. The Limit option will open a list of Users that you can choose to share the New View with.
- Click Save.
For our example, we named the New View: "Global Map data for Visualization example."
2. Create a Visualization.
Click on the Visualize Tool.
- X-Axis goes along the bottom of the chart (or up the side if using a bar chart).
- Y-Axis/Series is what the chart shows.
- Breakdown(s) is what field the chart will break the data down by.
For this example, we will select the "Global Map data for Visualization example" view (we saved this view a few steps earlier).
View - we selected "Global Map data for Visualization example" (that we saved a few steps earlier).
Type - we selected Global Map.
Make your selections:
Metric(s) - We selected Visits.
Dimension(s) - We selected Country.
Click the Run icon to apply the selected changes.
Here is an example of a Global Map Visualization.
Click the Save icon when you are finished.
Enter a Name, Description (optional), and select any Share options wanted for the New Visual. Click Save when completed.