How do I create a Big Number Visual?
1. Prepare the data.
Open the Prep Tool.
Select the Fields that you want included in the Visualization.
For this example, we selected Date, Visits, Purchases, and Browser.
Click the Run icon to apply the selection(s) to the Table.
Click the Save icon.
- Name - enter a name for the New View.
- Description - enter a description of what is included in the New View (optional).
- Set as Default - select Yes or No.
- Share To - select None or Limit. The Limit option will open a list of Users that you can choose to share the New View with.
- Click Save.
For our example, we named the New View: "Visual Examples (Purchases, Visits, Browser, Date)."
2. Create a Visualization.
Click on the Visualize Tool.
- X-Axis goes along the bottom of the chart (or up the side if using a bar chart).
- Y-Axis/Series is what the chart shows.
- Breakdown(s) is what field the chart will break the data down by.
View - we selected "Visual Examples (Purchases, Visits, Browser, Date)" (that we saved a few steps earlier).
Type - we selected Big Number.
Make your selections:
Metric(s) - We selected Visits.
Dimension(s) - We selected Date.
Click the Run icon to apply the selected changes.
Here is an example of a Big Number Visualization.
Click the Save icon when you are finished.
Enter a Name, Description (optional), and select any Share options wanted for the New Visual. Click Save when completed.