How do I create a Spline Visual?
1. Prepare the data.
Open the Prep Tool.
Select the Fields that you want included in the chart.
For this example, we selected Visits, Location, and Date.
Click the Run icon to apply the selection(s) to the Table.
Once you have the Fields you want included in the chart, click the Save icon.
- Name - enter a name for the New View.
- Description - enter a description of what is included in the New View (optional).
- Set as Default - select Yes or No.
- Share To - select None or Limit. The Limit option will open a list of Users that you can choose to share the New View with.
- Click Save.
For our example, we will Name the New View: Visual Examples
2. Create a Visualization.
Click on the Visualize Tool.
- X-Axis - goes along the bottom of the chart (or up the side if using a bar chart).
- Y-Axis/Series - is what the chart shows.
- Breakdown(s) - is what Field the chart will break the data down by.
Select a specific View from the menu.
For this example, we selected the "Visual Examples" View (we saved this View a few steps earlier).
Next, we selected Spline from the Type menu.
Make selections for the Metric(s), Dimension(s), and Add Breakdown(s) if wanted.
Click the Run icon to apply the selections.
Here is an example of the Spline Visual.
Click the adjustments menu, if you want to make further changes.
- Axis Label - this can be re-named (if wanted) for further clarification with the Visualization being set up.
- Trendline - this can be set to On or Off (Off is the default setting).
For this example, we will turn On the Trendline to demonstrate what it does.
Click the Run icon to apply the changes.
Notice the Trendline is showing in the Visualization, now.
Click Save when you are finished.
Enter a Name, Description (optional), and select any Share options wanted for the New Visual. Click Save when completed.