How do I create a Vertical Mashup Table?
Add a Table:
There are a couple ways to Add a Table:
Option 1: From the Home dashboard, click the Add button (below the Tables summary).
Option 2: From the Navigation menu, click the Tables option.
Click the Add New Table.
Enter Table Information.
- Name - What the Table is named.
- Description - What the description of the Table will be.
- Folder - What folder the Table will be located in.
- Status - What is the status of the Table? (Development or Production)
- Backup - Do you want the Table to be backed up?
- Order By - What Field the Table is ordered by.
- Order Direction - Choose if the order is Ascending or Descending.
- Primary Date Field - What Field is the primary date Field in relation to the sorting on Dashboards.
- System Index Fields - This allows you to index one of the system Fields for quicker loads.
1. Click Mashup from the datasets.
2. Select the Type of Join.
For this example we will select All Records under the Vertical options.
3. Select the Tables you wish to join.
4. Select which Field(s) you wish to include.
1. Click the Add Field button.
2. Select a Field that will be on both Tables. If you have a Field that is not in one of the Tables just leave that drop down as Empty.
1. The New Field under the Link Type.
2. The Empty Field under the Primary Table.
3. And the Empty Field under the Linked Table.
Once we choose a specific Field for the Primary Table, notice that the Link Type automatically changed to that Field name.
We will also need to assign the Empty Field under the Linked Table.
Under the Link Type, notice our options:
1. We can Add Field(s). Repeat until you have included all the Fields you wish to include.
2. We can also Remove the Field(s).
5. Add more Tables if wanted.
Click the large "+" button to add more Tables.
6. Click the Save icon.
Congratulations, the Table has been saved!