How do I create a Table from Import?
Add a Table:
There are a couple ways to Add a Table:
Option 1: From the Home dashboard, click the Add button (below the Tables summary).
Option 2: From the Navigation menu, click the Tables option.
Click the Add New Table.
Enter Table Information.
- Name - What the Table is named.
- Description - What the description of the Table will be.
- Folder - What Folder the Table will be located in.
- Status - What is the status of the Table? (Development or Production)
- Backup - Do you want the Table to be backed up?
- Order By - What Field the Table is ordered by.
- Order Direction - Choose if the order is Ascending or Descending.
- Primary Date Field - What Field is the Primary Date Field in relation to the sorting on Dashboards.
- System Index Fields - This allows you to index one of the system Fields for quicker loads.
Click the "File/Text/Template" to Import from the datasets.
Select which "Import Type" to use.
Option 1: Using Text as the Import Type.
We selected Text for this example.
We need to Paste Data into the blank. Once you Paste Data into the box, the Preview will display.
Use Copy and Paste.
1. Open a Document that has the Data.
2. Select and Copy your data.
3. Paste your data into the "Paste Data" text box.
Click the Save icon.
Option 2: Using a File as the Import Type.
We selected File for this example.
Browse to your File.
Option 3: Using a Template as the Import Type.
1. We selected Template for this example.
2. Browse to your File.
Notice the message: "Items such as Field Types, Data Processes, Connections, and Custom Implementation may need modified after import."
3. Select a Share option:
If we select None, then there are no further selections that need made.
If we select Limit, notice that we can then select who to Share it with from the User Group(s).