- If you have 5 "un-successful" attempts to login with your Password, your user account will "LOCK" and you will be sent an email so you CAN unlock your account or change your password.
Here are the options when setting up a Password for your account:
1. Password Requirements
- The default is ON (because it is the most secure)...
- If you turn "OFF" this requirement, then choices 2-7 will NOT be an option.
2. Minimum Password Length
- 8 characters long used to be the standard... but it has been increased to 15 characters to make Passwords even more secure.
- As an enhancement for security, your Password gets automatically checked by the system against a "blacklist" (it checks to see if the Password is "easy" to guess or if the Password has been part of a known "data-breach" in the last 2-3 years)... the system will give you a notification (in the top-right of the screen) only if you have a "weak" Password - so that you can make a more secure Password.
3. Minimum Number of Alpha Characters
- "Alpha" (alphabet) characters are letters in the alphabet... the minimum number is now "0"
- Some examples of Alpha characters: a, b, c, d, e, f, g...
4. Minimum Number of Numeric Characters
- "Numeric" (number) Characters... the minimum required is now "0"
- Some examples of Numeric characters: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
5. Minimum Number of Special Characters
- "Special" characters are NOT numbers and also NOT letters... the minimum required is now "0"
- Some examples of special characters are: ! @ # $ % ^ & * +
6. Must Contain Lowercase
- You can decide if you want any Lowercase letters or not...
- There is now NO requirement to use Lowercase letter(s)
7. Must Contain Uppercase
- You can decide if you want any Uppercase letters or not
- There is now NO requirement to use Uppercase letter(s)