How do I create a table using a connection?
1. Click on the Add Table from the home dashboard...
2. Or click on the Add New Table in the navigation.
3. Enter Table Information.
- Name - What the table is named.
- Description - What the description of the table will be.
- Folder - What folder the table will be located in.
- Status - What is the status of the table? (Development or Production)
- Backup - Do you want the table to be backed up?
- Order By - What field the table is ordered by.
- Order Direction - Wether the order is Ascending or Descending.
- Primary Date Field - What field is the primary date field in relation to the sorting on Dashboards.
- System Index Field - This allows you to index one of the system fields for quicker loads.
4. Select what connection you wish to use from the Datasets.
By typing into the Search Box you can quickly find the connection you are looking for. Once you find the one you wish to use, click on it to continue the process.
5. Select you Connection Setup
Connection - This allows you to select whether you wish to create a new connector of this type or use one already created.
Update Frequency - Choose what Frequency you wish the table to update. (This can be changed later.)
6. Go through the steps of creating the table.
These steps will vary depending on which connector you have chosen. If you need any assistance with these steps, reach out to your project manager or drop us an email at email@example.com and one of our support specialists will assist you.
7. Once you have finished the steps indicated Click Save.
8. Congratulations, your table is created and the connector is retrieving your data.
Depending on what connector you are using, it could take a couple hours for the data to be imported into the table. The platform will send you a notification when the data has been successfully imported.