How do I create a Form?
1. First, access the systems menu.
2. Select forms.
3. Click the 'Add New' bubble.
4. Name the form and choose the table it will submit to.
- The table the form will submit to. Every form is associated with a table.
- If pasting is allowed, form users have the option to paste an excel spreadsheet in the form. This allows for quick submission of multiple entries.
- If copies are allowed, form users have the option to submit the form multiple times.
5. You can add form elements from this dialog.
6. Field elements are chosen from the table's fields.
- The element links the form field to the table's field. This is where the data will be inserted on submission.
- The name is how the form will label this field. It doesn't have to match the table's field, but that is the default behavior.
- When the form loads, the default value will already be in the input for this field. When left blank, no default value will exist.
- Required fields must have a value on submission. Use this option if you rely on this field to have data.
Click 'Add' when you're done. You can always come back and edit form elements!
7. Add as many form elements as you need!
Each element can be re-arranged by simply dragging it to the position you would like. You can come back and change or add form elements at your leisure.
8. Accessing a live version of the form.
After saving your form, you will be presented with this menu. You can click the Sandwich at the top and then click 'Go to Form', or alternatively copy the contents of 'Form URL' at the bottom.
9. You form is now live!
Your form is now live! Any changes made in the Systems->Forms menu will reflect this link upon saving.